April 8, 2022 | Recipes
Trail Bars Recipe
Are you looking for an easy to make snack? Chef Jaco shared with us his Trail Bars recipe! This recipe yields approximately 12 large bars, and can be prepared ahead for the week. They are packed with a variety of nuts (feel free to substitute for nuts of your preference) and bursts of coconut, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds. The maple syrup helps bind the ingredients together while providing a nice sweet touch.
Almond Slivers 144g
Roasted Unsalted Cashews (chopped) 144g
Pecans 144 g
Walnut Pieces 144 g
Desiccated Coconut 85 g
Dried Cranberries 60 g
Sunflower Seeds 32 g
Chia Seeds 28 g
Maple Syrup 125 ml
Pure Vanilla Extract 10 ml
Kosher Salt 1 g
- Preheat oven to 325F, and pre-line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add nuts, dried fruit, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl mix together the vanilla and maple syrup.
- Pour syrup mix over the nut mixture till well coated.
- With a spatula, spread mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and let the mixture cool in the pan for an hour.
- Once cooled, turn out the trail mix into a cutting board and cut into 12 bars.